What is Healthcare?
Volunteers serve in a variety of locations and positions with local health programs.
These are our current partner programs:
-Utah Valley Hospital
- Volunteer in various fields of the hospital
- Gain firsthand healthcare exposure and direct interaction with patients, nurses, and doctors
-Meals on Wheels
- National program where volunteers deliver lunches to homebound patients
- Volunteer is given a list of houses to visit
-Welcome Baby (Women Only)
- Volunteers teach a course on child development to new mothers and fathers
-Utah State Hospital
- Looking for mentors for pediatric residents of the hospital
-2 ft. Prosthetics
- On-campus club that develops prosthetics for third-world countries
- Volunteers help with design, testing, fundraising, and other activities
- No experience or training required
-The Peaks Care and Rehab
- Short term rehab facility with volunteer opportunities in facilitating activities, visiting patients, shadowing CNAs and RNs, internships, secretarial positions
Fri 9:00 AM-10:00 AM
Fri 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
Mon 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
I think the most powerful experience I had was working on our procedure doll project. My little brother spent a lot of time in the hospital when he was younger, and his procedure dolls helped him a lot. I loved knowing that by working on this project I would be able to help kids just like my little brother!
-Gavin Bennett (2017)
I had the opportunity over the past few months to mentor a kid at the Utah State Hospital. One of our most memorable experiences was preparing for his dance recital. I got to watch him dance and practice and show off his "moves" for me. The bond we have formed has been special in such a short period of time.
-Rand Clapp (2017)