What is Seeds of Success?
Seeds of Success is a volunteer organization that arranges free tutoring for K-12 students in the Community. Our tutors are current BYU students who take time away from their studies to offer this service. We are excited to tutor and hope to see you soon!
- The tutoring that we provide is free of charge
- Our volunteers commit to serving 1 hour a week
- Parents are responsible for providing any needed materials for tutoring. Our tutors don't prepare lessons as a normal teacher would
- We can't always guarantee that a tutor or student will be available. The supply and demand for tutors is always fluctuating
- Tutoring cannot take place in a private home. All tutoring happens in public locations on BYU campus
- You as a parent and tutor will discuss the best time to meet
Let us know if you have any questions! We really do love to help and will do all we can to make tutoring a positive experience for you! Feel free to stop by and talk to us during our office hours listed on the right. You are always more than welcome to conact us anytime at the phone numbers to the right or at email@example.com.
Thurs 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
Wed 3:00 PM-4:00 PM
Fri 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
Tues 9:20 AM-10:20 AM
Wed 12:30 PM-1:30 PM
Fall Winter Spring Summer
How do I get involved?
What Parents Need to Know
To begin tutoring, we need you to do two things:
Fill out this "Parent Release Form". You will need to print and sign it. We cannot accept electronic signatures. Feel free to bring this in by hand to our office or mail it to the address indicated. You may also scan it (take a picture of it) and email it back to us.
Complete this “Student Registration Form”. This contains the pertinent information that our tutors will receive.
Once we receive both forms, we will be able to find a tutor for your child.
What BYU Students Need to Know
To begin tutoring for Seeds of Success, we need you to do these three things:
- Register as a volunteer by filling out this registration form.
- You will need to complete a background check. Unfortunately, we cannot pull background checks from other organizations, even at BYU, so we will need you to stop by the YServe office and fill one out. Ask the office assistant for help and they will have you in and out within 5 minutes.
- Because you are working with children, you will also need to complete an online training in Child Protection through BYU’s ytrain. Here is the link to complete that training module. It should only take 20 minutes or so to finish. Once you receive the certification, forward us that email.
Here are a few training links to best help you feel prepared to begin tutoring.
I never expected such an easy volunteering opportunity to end up being so rewarding. Now that I’ve started tutoring with Seeds of Success, I never want to stop!
-Peter Fullmer (2018)
We have felt so wonderfully blessed to have this program!! Our son, Daniel has been assisted in Physics and pre-calculus this year in his Senior year of High School. Jordan has been amazing to help him, as have others who have stepped up and helped him on the spur of the moment (even though that isn't the program!). We just moved here to Provo from Oregon where Daniel was raised, and we moved right before his senior year, so the change was quite drastic for him. Your tutoring has been a way for him to feel more in charge of his life as he is doing so much better in these courses.
- Seeds of Success Parent