What is Foster Love?
Foster Love is a program that connects foster care children in the community with one another to help build friendships and strengthen social skills. This program is open to foster care children as well as the biological/adopted children of the foster family. It is an after-school program that will take place in the Wilkinson Center and other areas around BYU campus. Activities will include indoor group games, crafts, team building activities, outdoor games, field trips to the MOA and the Bean Museum, and other recreational activities. This program will runs every Wednesday from 4:00-5:30PM!
Mon. 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thurs. 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Mon. 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Fri. 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Mon. 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Wed. 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Apply to be a program director here
Twice per month, or 2-4 hours total/month
How do I get involved?
1. Fill out the Parent Enrollment Form
2. Fill out the Parent Consent Form. You will need to print and sign it. We cannot accept electronic signatures. You may deliver it to one of the Y-Serve offices (2010 or 2330 WSC), or mail it to the address on the form. You may also scan the form or take a picture of it and email it back to us.
3. Fill out the Photo Consent/Object Form
4. Parents or Legal Guardians are responsible for bringing the children and picking them up at a designated time and location at BYU where the volunteers will be.
BYU STUDENT VOLUNTEERS:
1. Register as a volunteer by filling out this Google form
2. You will need to complete a background check. We cannot use copies of background checks from other departments at BYU or other organizations. Please bring your driver's license or passport with you to one of the Y-Serve offices (2010 or 2330 WSC) to fill out a background check. It takes about 5 minutes to complete the form, and about a week and a half for the results to be returned.
3. Because you are working with children, you will also need to complete an online training in Child Protection through BYU’s Y-Train. Here is the link to the training module. It should only take 20 minutes. Once you receive the certificate of completion by email, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Once steps 1-3 are finished, please come by the Y-Serve office (across from the Cougareat) during one of the program director's office hours for a quick, 15-minute in-person training. Then you are ready to volunteer! :)
We ask that our student volunteers commit to helping twice a month (approximately 3-4 hours/month).