What is Vineyard?
Vineyard at BYU does online service for the church in a social setting. We meet Tuesdays (5:30-6:30 PM in the Y-Serve office by the Wilkinson Student Center terrace, 2330 WSC). We focus on the following projects at our weekly meetings:
- FamilySearch Indexing (indexing.familysearch.org)
- Photo keywording (vineyard.lds.org)
- Transcribing LDS music content (tech.lds.org)
- Church history and foreign language projects
Vineyard at BYU also participates in the following activities:
- Donating photos as stock images (create.lds.org)
- Sharing the gospel online in creative ways
- Teaching others about church technology
- Indexing, keywording, and transcribing
Volunteer Commitment: Volunteers should bring a laptop computer. Most of our volunteers attend once a week or once every other week as their time permits.
1 hour a week
How do I get involved?
You are welcome to show up at any of our weekly meetings, or go to the “Volunteer Now” tab to join our mailing list. You can also email us at email@example.com, or visit our Facebook page.
It was cool being able to work with the Church and plan an event to learn about indexing in different languages. We also worked with faculty to get information out about the event. I also really loved working together with other volunteers to finish a project the Church has given us (transcribing a newspaper). Service is great! Those were fun events, but my favorite thing is the dedicated, kind, charitable volunteers who bring their happy faces each week! They sacrifice and it strengthens me!
-Katelyn Sheanshang (2017)