Above are the resources we have available for all of our volunteer leaders.
Stats Submission Form
Stats are due by the 10th of each month.
Remember to have your volunteers use the Y-Serve feature on the BYU app.
1. Submit the completed Background Check Request to the Y-Serve Office (2330 WSC).
2. Look for the email from Truescreen, and follow the link to the application on their website.
3. Have the following information ready in order to complete application:
Your Social Security number
Your addresses for past 7 years
Note: For the time of missionary service, select “No Permanent Residence” and include the beginning and ending dates of your service.
4. Ensure that your application is complete and then click submit.
5. Expect to be notified by a Y-Serve program leader within 2 weeks regarding the results of the Background Check.
Student leaders must complete an Event Approval Request Form for Risk Management whenever the activity meets any of the conditions above, or when in doubt:
Includes anything that has inherent risk to the university or its students, faculty, staff, or the general public
Requires fire and life safety permitting
Requires dining services or catering approval
Involves contracts or agreements that require the university to indemnity other parties
Requires regulatory or code compliance; examples: fire dancers, fireworks, open flames, vehicle displays, catering, food trucks, animals on campus, tents, crowds of significant size, drone flights
Find more information on guidelines for events at https://risk.byu.edu/events-frequently-asked-questions. Note that activities with minors (participants under the age of 18) must be approved. Risk Management usually requires a minimum of two weeks for this approval, although they may be able to reply sooner. Be prepared to provide dates, times, and contact info as well as a brief description of the event.
E. Campus Dr. Provo, UT 84602
Hours: 8:00-5:00 Monday - Friday
Closed during devotionals (Tuesdays 11:00-12:00)